I often put this song on repeat in my car and sing it at the top of my lungs. I guess I get to keep my gay card. Sing it Megan!!!
That does sounds like a vaginal infection to me. The burning is pretty consistent with either a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. Pregnancy hormones fuss with everything, and they also make the vaginal discharge more basic, allowing it to be more susceptible to infections. This is one reason why pregnant people end up with more vaginal infections.
Head on over to your provider and get them to do a quick check of your discharge under the microscope. If there’s something going on they’ll help you out with it.
The other thing you’re talking about is positional discomfort, and that’s pretty common during pregnancy as well. Your cervix gets flooded with blood, which is great for your pregnancy but not so great for your comfort. When something hits your cervix, like a penis or fingers or a toy, it is just more uncomfortable than normal. Nothing really to do about that except to avoid it.
The images below are taken from goodtoknow.co.uk. They are unfortunately all white, skinny, non-pregnant people, and the language on the website is incredibly gendered, as an FYI. Sorry about that. If anyone wants to a) make photos or illustration of themselves and their partners doing these positions (probably clothed is best), I would be thrilled. Over the moon. And I would get rid of all these silly illustrations below.
Some good pregnancy positions for penis/strap-on-in-vagina sex:
- Sitting on top: Great for not putting pressure on the belly and getting a better angle for cervixes.
- Spooning: Again, takes pressure off the belly and gives a shallow thrust to the penis/strap-on, keeping it away from the cervix. Also good for when you’re pooped and you just want to lay there while someone else does all the work. You can also pop a pillow under the side of your belly for a little extra support.
- Half-off-the-bed/table: This is sort of a special-for-pregnancy missionary. It gives you the forward facing intimacy while bringing the top partner’s weight away from your belly.
- Side Saddle: This gives you a little more control for those days when you feel like you can’t help but hit your cervix. With the penis/strap-on essentially pointing sideways you’ll hit the sidewalls of the vagina but avoid the tender bits.
- Standing: Surprise sex in the garage while you’re working on your bicycle? Semi-public sex in the backyard as you get down the ladder from cleaning out the gutters? Go for it! This position is best with one leg raised for a little extra access, and it keeps the penis/strap-on thrusting shallowly and not only avoiding the cervix but also going straight for the g-spot.
- Backwards-facing: You get to control the pace plus it gives you plenty of room to use your vibrator!
- Butt-Up: The pictures don’t show it very well but these are great low-energy positions for avoiding the cervix. If you pop a pillow or two under your butt you’ll be way more comfortable.
- From behind: This one can be good because it takes the pressure off your belly, but for some people the depth with which the penis/strap-on can now plunge is just a little too much. Give it a shot and see how you fit.
- Sitting up: These are also great, but be careful while using them - some of these illustrations look a little precarious. Your legs might also get tired, but see if your partner will help out with the thrusting.
Now, how to apply that to fingers/hands/toys?
Try making shallow thrusts and pointing the object forward, toward the belly button. That way you put pressure on the g-spot and good stimulation to the Skene’s glands for ejaculation, and you avoid the cervix. Before inserting a toy, consider using your fingers to assess the depth and location of the cervix. Is it pointing right at you? Is it pointing to one side? Is it pointing up or down? That way you’ll know where to point the toy.
And remember - although it’s true that you don’t have to worry about getting pregnant once you’re already pregnant, you still can get STIs, so use barriers unless you both know your STI status.
I hope this helps! Have safe, comfortable sex!
Here is a link to the first porn trailer I’ve ever been in, Lesbian Curves 3: Soft Girls & Srap-Ons! Thank you to my co-star aprilfloresworld for working with me and thanks to courtneytrouble for making the pairing happen. It was an amazing shoot!!
Soft Girls + Strap Ons (Lesbian Curves 3!) is coming soon! Pre-Order now for September delivery!
Soft Girls and Strap Ons takes us back into the powerful, playful world of plus size lesbian sex that is the award-winning Lesbian Curves series, with five brand new scenes features gorgeous fat femmes, juicy tomboy switches, and deliciously hard and huge strap on dicks. Ponytails, big bellies, sexy lingerie, strap-happy fucking, wet and juicy fingering and pussy licking, and gorgeous bodies from small to extra large make the third installment of Lesbian Curves the best yet!
Anna ZusmanOpening Reception: Friday August 1, 7-10 pm
Doing Your Dirty Work 3: Deeper, Closer
August 1 – September 21, 2014
Closing Reception: Folsom Fair Sunday September 21, 4-7 pmfree
Doing Your Dirty Work 3: Deeper, Closer focuses on work by Bay Area visual…
Who wants to go with me? Rumor has it a photo I’m in will be the show!
Date & Time: Saturday, August 02, 2014 · 8:00 PM –12:00 AM
Location: Center for Sex and Culture. 1349 Mission Street, San Francisco
Cost: $10 at the door, $11.50 in advance & get free popcorn
Online tix: http://planetmidori.ticketleap.com/ropesmut/
Making the best of a bad situation. Stuck on the toll plaza bridge on my way to Dore Alley. Good time for selfie! #nofilter #DoreAlley #gorgeousday